Here's Thursday slap shots:
- Flyers fans are indeed smiling after a 4-3 OT victory in game 3 to get their team back in the series. They Flyers were full value for the victory.
- That was a very entertaining hockey game. I am mostly uninterested in who wins the series, but I just hope for a great series with great games. In game three both the Hawks and Flyers played hockey the way the game should always be played.
- I loved Glenn Healy's line about Daniel Carcillo's play in game three - "They should this guy the Selke trophy because he's shutting this line down big time." Only problem was Healy was saying he was hurting his own linemates that much.
- Healy continued to berate Carcillo, later stating the obvious in that Carcillo isn't an offensive player. I have to disagree with Heals. The more I watch Carcillo the more offensive I realize he is. But I do agree with Healy that Carcillo can't score or make plays.
- I tend to dislike Ron MacLean's annual Stanley Cup finals interview with Gary Bettman, as I find them both annoying. Not so much last night, but I find MacLean to spend too much time talking and preaching, and I find Bettman always comes across as overly defensive and often condescending. It makes for a painful interview.
- Maybe it's time for someone else to interview the commissioner. Eliotte Friedman would be an excellent choice. But must-see-TV would have Don Cherry do the job.