- Gotta love this: The NHL's new advertising campaign for the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs is History Will Be Made. The two earliest released commercials involve Bobby Orr and Mario Lemieux.
- Teemu Selanne got his 600th goal. He needs two more to pass countryman Jari Kurri. He's got 11 games left to do it, assuming he does retire this year.
- Who's the greatest Finnish player of all time? Selanne or Kurri?
- Robin Bouchard scored his 683rd career minor league goal, passing Don Parsons. I have never heard of either of them, but in their own way they too are great hockey legends.
- Mike Emrick called his 3000th pro hockey game. That's the equivalent of almost 37 seasons for a player!
- Darren Eliot chimes in with his memories of The Great One.
- NHL.com apparently will open it's magical vault and allow online users to access on demand classic games - for a price.
March 23, 2010
Slap Shots: History Will Be Made
A few slap shots to the 'Net of things of historical interest while I was away: