- I did not know that Kent Nilsson's wife is a LPGA golfer. He's been spending lots of time caddying of late.
- Bobby Orr is making friends in Vermont.
- Former NHL tough guy Nathan Perrot is making his professional boxing debut.
- Meanwhile Patrice Brisebois is trying his hand at NASCAR.
- Dan Cloutier is trying to make a NHL comeback, and with the Red Wings of all teams.
- That's almost as crazy as Jacques Demers being appointed to the Canadian senate.
- Demers joined the Tory side, so I guess he won't be talking to Liberal Ken Dryden any time soon. The goaltending legend was fund raising in rural Ontario this past week.
- Here's a listing of a few more who went from the hockey arena to the political arena.
- It sure was interesting to hear NHLPA founder Ted Lindsay's take on the Paul Kelly firing.
- Was Eric Lindros behind Paul Kelly's surprise dismissal?
- Peter Forsberg is no longer in the NHL, but h has plans to play in the Olympics.
- Henri Richard offered his thoughts on the Canadiens captaincy void.
- The Hockey News recently took a look at the contributions to hockey by Frank Zamboni.
- One time Boston Bruin Gerry "Red" Ouellette scored his 8th career hole in one!
- Penguins GM Ray Shero talks about his dad, the legendary coach Fred Shero.
- Similarly, Mark Johnson is carry on his father's legacy - Badger Bob Johnson.
- Did you know Luc Robitaille is the only player in Kings history to wear every jersey in team history? He talks about his favorite Kings' jersey.
- Ya The Habs Rule looks back on Aurele Joliat.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette remembers Ziggy Palffy for scoring the 10,000th goal in Penguins team history.
- Sergei Fedorov won his $60 million lawsuit against his former financial adviser.
- Serge Savard has found success again - this time with the ponies.
- Brad Park tried raising $20,000 for Riverview Minor Hockey.
- Dennis Hextall is the new IHL commissioner.
- Remember Steve Webb? He's biking over 10,000 KM to raise money for fighting Alzheimer's and dementia as well as youth hockey on Long Island.
- Former Tampa Bay Lightning prospect Jonathan Boutin was beaten up badly in a Russian alley way.
- Rob Tallas is the new Florida Panthers goaltending coach. I must admit, I forgot all about him. I was surprised to see he played parts of 6 seasons and 99 games in the NHL.
September 08, 2009
Catching Up With The Past
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment