Pucks On The 'Net: Norm Ullman Edition
Some quick history related Pucks On The 'Net:
- Avalanche forward Jarome Iginla (0-1—1) recorded his 1,229th career point (591-638—1,229) to tie Norm Ullman (490-739—1,229) for 39th place on the NHL’s all-time points list. He now sits three points shy of tying Phil Housley (338-894—1,232) for 38th place.
- By the way, if Ron Francis isn't the most underrated Hockey Hall of Famer of all time, Norm Ullman is.
- Canucks defenseman Matt Bartkowski scored his first regular-season NHL goal (137 GP). Steven Halko (155 games) is the only player to have played more games before scoring his first goal.
- That being said, Bartkowski has previously scored a goal in the Stanley Cup playoffs while still playing for Boston.
- Halko took 96 shots before finally scoring. Bartkowski was at 174.
- The Canucks overtime loss to Edmonton on Sunday marked Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller's first loss in 13 career appearances vs. Edmonton (12-0-1, 2.21 GAA, .921 SV%, 1 SO)
- Too bad the Canucks could not have gotten that game to the shootout. Earlier this season Ryan Miller established a NHL-best 53 career wins in games decided by a shootout
- LA's Darryl Sutter earned his 549th career victory to tie Marc Crawford for 14th place on the NHL’s all-time wins list among head coaches.
- With the Rangers 4-0 win over San Jose, New York improved to 23-8-3 all time vs. the Sharks