Theo Fleury recently sat down with ESPN.com's Katie Strang ad talked about his life and his new book Conversations With A Rattlesnake. Here's just a couple of great quotes from the article:
- "I like me for the first time in my life," he said. "I like me, and that was never the case before. That's why I did all the things I did. I didn't like me."
- "I've come to the point where I realized what happened to me was actually a gift," Fleury said. "My family of origin was actually a gift. Graham James was a gift. Why? It forced me to look at who I am, the true me, and I like that guy."
- "I believe this was my purpose in life,"
Fleury sure has come a long ways from his dark past. It's good to see and hopefully every keeps improving, not only for his sake but for the countless of other victims he is now helping.
Here's some news involving former hockey players:
- Lyle Richardson recently reviewed his list of the 100 Toughest Hockey Players in NHL History.
- Former New Jersey Devils player and coach John MacLean has now joined the broadcasting world.
- Former NHL referee Kerry Fraser is being honoured in Sarnia, Ontario.
- Canada Post has unveiled their latest in their line of NHL legends stamps.