St. Louis Rockets Up Scoring List
Some news and notes from last night's games:
- How about Montreal defeating the Bruins 4-1 in Boston. That was the 723rd regular season meeting between the two Original Six teams, with the Canadiens leading the series with a record of 350-263-103-7
- The Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1 win over the Kings in Los Angeles marked Pittsburgh's first win in LA since 1999! Mind you, the Pens have only travelled to Hollywood 6 other times since then. LA was 4-0-2.
- Calgary pulled off the 4-1 upset of the San Jose Sharks. Mark Giordano's game winning goal extended his point scoring streak to a career-high 8 games (4 goals and 4 assists).
- Ryan Johansen's 2 goals paced the Columbus Blue Jackets to a 5-2 win over Washington. Johansen is a fantastic young player.
- With an assist in Tampa Bay's 5-3 loss to Ottawa Martin St. Louis tied Rocket Richard for 85th place in NHL all time scoring. Both players have 965 career points.
- Tampa and Ottawa are expansion cousins from 1992. Ottawa has dominated the series history with an all time record of 46-26-2-3.
- The NHL's least talked about rookie might be Tampa Bay's Ondrej Palat. Palat had 2 more assists against Ottawa, extending his point scoring streak to five games (2 goals, 7 assists). A month ago Palat had an 8 game point streak. He also ranks second among rookie forwards in ice time (17 minutes+)