Here's a few fun facts about Martin Brodeur, goaltender for the New Jersey Devils.
- At age 14 Martin Brodeur almost quit hockey to pursue a career as a competitive skier.
- Martin's father Denis Brodeur played goal for Canada at the 1956 Olympics
- Denis went on to become the official team photographer for the Montreal Canadiens and Montreal Expos. Young Martin was able to hang out with many of the Montreal players after practice.
- Martin's brother Claude was a pitcher in the Montreal Expos system.
- Brodeur is the first goalie in NHL history to appear in a playoff game as a teenager and then later as a 40-year-old.