- When asked who was a better teammate, Tim Thomas chose Nathan Horton over Milan Lucic. #RightWingPolitics
- The more I think about it, the more I dislike what Tim Thomas did. I'm fine with him not going. I'm fine with him making a political statement. But I don't like how his only explanation is hidden behind Facebook while his coaches and teammates are being hounded by the media.
- Alexander Ovechkin deserved a suspension for his hit on Zybnek Michalek, though 3 games surprised me. But Ovechkin's pouting and lame All Star exit is shameful. The kids want to see him there, and so do the sponsors. And that's why the All Star Game still exists - for the kids and (especially) for the sponsors.
- At the beginning of the season I picked St. Louis and NY Rangers as value bets as long shots to win the Stanley Cup. Before I brag about being right, I picked both of those teams last season too.
- For the record, I also picked Evgeny Malkin to win the scoring race this season. Looking good so far.
- Trade Deadline is a month away. The rental market does not excite me much, but here's a thought: Would the Vancouver Canucks look at bringing back Mikael Samuelsson? For a draft pick you can bring in a player who will fit seamlessly into locker room and the game plan, play on any line for short periods of time, and even man the right point in a pinch should (when) Sami Salo goes down. He does not fill the wanted toughness component per se, but his versatility was a badly missed piece of the 2011 puzzle when he was lost for the playoffs due to injury.
- Another former Canuck that might be on Vancouver's radar: Adrian Aucoin.
- Prediction: Assuming he is traded, whoever acquires Buffalo's Paul Gaustad will have an extended playoff run this spring.
Don't forget to buy my ebook - Pucks On The 'Net!
Post a Comment