On June 28th the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee will meet to discuss who will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame later this year.
Over the coming days GreatestHockeyLegends.com will also be looking at the top candidates. We will break it down to goaltenders, defensemen, international players and women players. We will dedicate at least a couple of days to forwards.
Until then, here's some information on the HHOF selection committee and their mandate.
The 18 member committee consists of:
- James M. Gregory, longtime team, league executive;
- Pat Quinn, ex-player, longtime coach and GM;
- Scotty Bowman, coach;
- David Branch, president Canadian Hockey League;
- Colin Campbell, ex-player and coach, ex-NHL's chief of discipline;
- John Davidson, ex-player, broadcaster, current Blues president of hockey operations;
- Eric Duhatschek, journalist;
- Jan-Ake Edvinsson, general secretary of the International Ice Hockey Federation;
- Mike Emrick, broadcaster;
- Michael Farber, journalist;
- Mike Gartner, ex-player;
- Igor Larionov, ex-player;
- Lanny McDonald, ex-player;
- Yvon Pedneault, journalist;
- Serge Savard, ex-player,
- GM; Harry Sinden, Bruins executive; Peter Stastny: ex-player;
- Bill Torrey, GM of New York Islanders dynasty.
Here's more on each committee member, as well as the committee by laws.
Post a Comment