The Stanley Cup is all about tradition. What are your favorite playoff traditions? Here's a few of mine:
- Hoisting The Cup - Other sports present their championship trophies in the media room, or directly to the team owner. In hockey, the team celebrates front and center before the fans - the way it should be.
- Playoff Beards - Put away the razors and be prepared to itch. Playoff hockey means playoff beards.
- Handshakes - There is no rule that teams have to shake hands at the conclusion of a hard fought, best of seven series/war. Yet there they are, shaking hands like gentlemen.
- Day With The Cup - Unlike any other sport, the Stanley Cup is comparatively the holy grail of sports trophies. Almost as good as hoisting it in the final game, getting to spend a full day with it in the summer is almost as good.
- Colorful Shirts - Orange Crush in Philadelphia. The Sea of Red in Calgary. The White Out in Winnipeg/Phoenix. Even those ugly mustard shirts everyone is wearing in Nashville. Wear your team's colors with pride.