Boston vs Tampa Bay game 2 tonight. Here's a few quick shots on net.
- How has Boston made it this far with that terrible power play?
- Really don't like those gloved-punch cheapshots by Lucic and Horton. If you wanna be a tough guy, man up and do it the right way.
- Guy Boucher has everyone worried about this dreaded 1-3-1 system. The funny thing is, he keeps changing it up, often throwing 2 forecheckers in hard. Teams never quite know what to expect from shift to shift.
- Everything Steve Yzerman touches lately turns to gold. He's hoping this time it is silver, though. Stanley Cup silver.
- Interesting note here - the NHL is tendering bids for television contracts for the Middle East and Africa. Meanwhile fans in St. Louis or Columbus or Dallas are still trying to figure out how to get Versus on their cable package.
- Finland's World Championship victory catapulted that country to 2nd overall in the IIHF World Ranking. Russia still tops the list, while Canada has fallen all the way to fourth. These standings can affect future tournament scheduling, including at Olympics. A year out before any Olympics it is a very good idea to be as high up this ranking as possible.
- Look at the bottom of that aforementioned link - did you even know New Zealand, South Africa and the United Arab Emeriates play hockey? No wonder why the NHL is looking to spread their television reach.