- Why do the media always make such a big deal of the goalie vs. goalie matchup? Corey Crawford vs. Roberto Luongo is a great example. Sure it is great to compete against the best. But I would think the last guy on the ice Crawford is really worried about is Luongo. Luongo is the only Canucks player not trying to score against him.
- Jonathan Toews had zero shots on net in 22 minutes of action on Friday night. In 2 games so far, Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa have a combined 1 assist.
- With a federal election looming in Canada, Senator Frank Mahovlich is out on the campaign trail. So is Senator Jacques Demers, but he'll always be a coach.
- Of course, Ken Dryden is also on the campaign trail as the incumbent in the Toronto riding of York Centre.
- Speaking of hockey and politics, here's a nice look back at Howie Meeker, who was a Member of Parliament while playing with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Check out Paul "Bubli" Chohan, a Canadian hockey legend of a different kind.
- Also check out 47 year old Bulgarian goaltender Konstantin Mihaylov. He is competing in his final world hockey championship, 26 years after his first appearance.
April 16, 2011
Pucks On The 'Net: Bubli Edition
Time to put some more pucks on the 'net: