- Vladislav Tretiak's 1973 world championships game worn mask - Hey, I know it doesn't look like much compared to today's fancy art pieces, but this is cool. My birthday is in August.
- Tretiak's 1981 Canada Cup 25th anniversary trophy - As co-author of the book The World Cup of Hockey (which I still argue should have been named The History of the Canada Cup #damnpublishers) I would absolutely love to have this on my mantelpiece. I'm moving my birthday up to April. Call me for my mailing address.
- A lot of people collect game worn jerseys, but how many can boast a 1960s Anatoli Tarasov sweater in their collection.
- Probably even fewer people have a game worn 1970s KooKoo Kouvala sweater worn by a mystery player named Lemminkainen.
- I'm shocked! There are no bids yet on the chance to get into Alexander Ovechkin's pants.
- There are 27 items in the Team Canada 2010 Olympics game worn collection. I need more birthdays this year.
Be sure to check out ClassicAuctions.net for some amazing items up for auction. The sale ends on March 29th, 2011.
Post a Comment