For hardcore hockey fans, hockey is "out of this world" as they say. But here's a couple of hockey related stories that take that saying quite literally.
Here's some interesting stats and facts from the world of hockey:
- The St. Louis Blue's 1-0 shutout over Pittsburgh this weekend is only the second time in team history they had a 1-0 victory.
- Since December 2008, Pekka Rinne of Nashville has had 15 shutouts, 6 of which were 1-0 victories.
- Of Miikka Kiprusoff's career 35 shutouts, 12 came in 1-0 victories
- Daniel Alfredsson likes playing in Buffalo. He's got 23 goals in his last 23 games in Buffalo. He also has scored multiple points in each of his last 8 games in that city
- John Tavares' first hat trick marked the 4th youngest hat trick in Islanders history, behind Pat Lafontaine, Bryan Trottier and Brent Sutter.
- Don't take Flyers players if you are hoping to pick up assists for your pool. The top three players in unassisted goals in the past 4 years: Rick Nash (16), Jeff Carter (14) and Mike Richards (12). Pavel Datsyuk also has 12.
Post a Comment