- Western teams are hoping the Boston Bruins never trade goalie Tim Thomas to the Western Conference. Including Thomas' 3-0 shutout of the Phoenix Coyotes on the weekend in Prague, Thomas now has 18 career shutouts in just 43 career starts against Western teams.
- The Oilers beat the Panthers, 3-2 on Sunday night, this despite only recording 13 shots on goal. That ties a team record for fewest shots on goal in a victory. The record was first set in a 4-2 win over St. Louis on November 24, 1988.
- Despite out shooting the Oilers 28-13, Bruce McCurdy of the Edmonton Journal tells us the Panthers had has many scoring chances in that game as the Oilers.
- Miikka Kiprusoff and the Calgary Flames beat the LA Kings at the Saddledome last night. That should come as no surprise. The Flames have now won 10 straight games, all in regulation time, against the Kings on home ice. Kiprusoff played all of those games, allowing just 16 goals.
- Former NHLer Blaine Stoughton is now coaching 16 to 20 year old juniors in Fredrick, Maryland. His players had no idea who he was until one of the players tried Googling his name.
October 11, 2010
Pucks On The 'Net
Time for some interesting facts and stats:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment