McAtee played in the 1940s, and had his NHL hockey career interrupted by World War II when he served with the Royal Canadian Air Force. He was a junior and senior standout who never quite caught on in the NHL and bounced around the minor leagues.
McAtee is one of four new players profiled here at GreatestHockeyLegends.com. The others are:
- Vic Lynn - The only player to skate with all of the Original Six teams.
- Walt McKechnie - Big center was often compared to Phil Esposito
- Bill Juzda - "The Beast" was best known for his legendary clashes with Maurice "Rocket" Richard.
- Pat Hannigan - Hard hitting Hannigan was one of three brothers to make it to the NHL.
- John Gould - This Canuck had back to back 30 goal seasons in the 1970s.