- Casual fans won't agree, and that will be related in the television ratings, but game two was a far better game than game one.
- Both goaltenders were good, but Antti Niemi was an absolute wall in that third period. On the Chicago side the big line of Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Dustin Byfuglien continue to be quiet.
- I thought Mike Richards and Kimmo Timonen were the best Flyers, with Daniel Briere looking dangerous in period three. He played 9 minutes in that third period.
- The all-time record of home clubs sweeping Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Final is 31-2 (.939). In 1971, Chicago won the first two games at home but lost to Montreal in seven games. In 2009, Detroit won the first two games at home but lost to Pittsburgh in seven games.
- The Blackhawks won their seventh consecutive game and improved to 10-1 in their past 11 games.
- Another sold out crowd of 22,275 in Chicago. Three years ago they averaged just over 12,700 fans per game.
- Here's a great article on Dustin Byfuglien's rags to riches story.
- Hockey Canada's Hockey House at the Olympics bled red ink. Who would've thunk that?
- The Whalers former owner is guaging hockey interest in Hartford. I always liked the Whalers jerseys.
- Wayne Gretzky is looking to revolutionize hockey again - first on the street and then on the Wii.
As always, join me for more thoughts and conversation on Twitter @HockeyLegends
Post a Comment