Here's Saturday's Slap Shots:
- 286 combined times in Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association and NHL history has a best of seven series seen one team grab a 3-0 series lead. Only the 1942 Leafs (in the Stanley Cup final, nonetheless!), 1975 Islanders and 2004 Red Sox havecome from behind previously.
- I almost feel sorry for the Boston Bruins. They just couldn't find any offense. They needed Tyler Seguin or Taylor Hall now, not on draft day. Very few Bruins players impressed me in game 7. Just Milan Lucic come to think of it.
- It was great to see Simon Gagne get the winning goal. He's such a great player who unfortunately has had serious bad luck with the injuries.
- The Flyers now meet the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference finals. Here's some more history - this will be the first time the 7th and 8th seeds have met in a Conference finals.
- Normally I would point out how I was one of the few who predicted Philadelphia would beat Boston in round 2. But since that was the only series I got right, I'll just let it slide this time.