- There was something special in the air in Montreal last night. It started out with PK Subban, the most anticipated rookie in Montreal in years. He's called up for just his third NHL game, and in the early moments the crowd starts chanting "PK! PK!" I don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like that. The Subbanator's playoff debut was made all the more memorable by his assist on the second goal of the game. He played 14 shifts and 10 minutes.
- It didn't take long though for this night to be forever remembered as Jaroslav Halak's night. His 53 saves, many of them in spectacular fashion, was amazing. It ranked up there with Craig Anderson's 1-0 OT win over San Jose.
- I don't think any of the hockey experts had Montreal taking Washington to seven games. The way Halak is playing they just might win this thing! It will be interesting to see how Washington handles the pressure, as it will all be on them for the final game.
- Should Washington with, round two will see WSH vs PHI and PIT vs BOS. Should Montreal win we'd see PIT vs MTL and PHI vs BOS.
- Round two in the West is also set. Chicago will play Vancouver in a most anticipated rematch from last year. San Jose will play the winner of the Phoenix-Detroit series.
April 27, 2010
Playoff Slap Shots: PK! PK!
Putting the puck on the 'Net: