Time to put the puck on the 'Net:
- Czechs vs. Slovaks lived up to it's billing as the best of the men's games so far. A heated rivalry between equal team will do that.
- That being said, the Czechs implementing the neutral zone trap and the lack of Slovak depth saw the game wane as it went on.
- It was great to see Jaromir Jagr with a magical night again. As I said on Twitter, he's the Toby Keith of hockey: Not as good as he once was, but as good once as he ever was.
- Why is it Pavol Dimetra looks great playing internationally, but looks so awful in a Canucks uniform the past few years?
- Germany impressed with an aggressive forecheck. And I love those German jerseys that reminded me so much of those old Canucks jerseys in the 1980s and 1990s. Everytime I saw #25 Marcel Muller I kept reminiscing about days of old with big Jim Sandlak.
- Sweden didn't really impress me much in the 2 periods I watched, but Germany putting a scare in them is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Finland dumped Belarus. I only watched bits and pieces. I think Mikko Koivu is just a fantastic hockey player.
- The Canadian women decimated Sweden in a 2006 gold medal rematch. Marie-Philip Poulin is the future of Canada's offene. She has really soft hands, or so I've been told.