- Do you think Daniel and Henrik Sedin ever switch jerseys during games? Daniel is a great passer, too, but that drop pass to Brad Lukowich the other night looked more like Henrik.
- The kids were happy the television was not once turned to a hockey game on Tuesday night. But they should have known I can not escape hockey. They turned to Scooby Doo, only to find Scooby, Shaggy and the gang helping Brett Hull and Team USA at a hockey tournament in Moscow!
- By the way, Scooby was spooked by a huge monster who was actually a most petite figure skater.
- How does Washington score 7 goals in a game but Ovechkin and Backstrom combine for only one mere assist? Don't they know I took them in the HNIC weekly pool this week? Martin Brodeur and Jimmy Howard didn't help much either. Beware if I take you in my pool - I terribly jinx players.
- I think my new strategy in the HNIC pool will be to take the top scorers on teams who play my Vancouver Canucks each week.
January 27, 2010
Wednesday Slap Shots: I Can't Escape Hockey
Time to put the puck on the 'Net: