- All this talk about Crosby and Ovechkin and Thornton, yet the NHL's leading scorer gets very little respect. Henrik Sedin is the NHL's version of Conan O'Brien.
- I really thought the Sedins were going tear apart the Penguins young replacement goalie Alexander Pechurski. He played really well in what must have been an intimidating environment. I would say the kid really earned his pay check, but as an emergency junior call up he does not even get paid!
- Great game between Detroit and Chicago on Sunday morning, especially the OT. The shootout had some great goals, too. Pavel Datsyuk was slower than a tax refund check on his shot, but man what a beautiful goal!
- I just learned today that this will be referee Bill McCreary's last season. That's too bad, because the mustachioed McCreary has long been my favorite referee. His games usually have good flow and he has the respect of the players.
- Two more book reviews at HockeyBookReviews.com - Women On Ice by Wayne Norton, and, in my first ever Non-Hockey Book Review, Einstein's Refrigerator by Steve Silverman.
January 18, 2010
Monday Slap Shots
Time to put the puck on the 'Net: