- Carolina's struggles have reached the boiling point, as the usually calm Eric Staal blew up at the referees on Friday night. Things should turn around soon. Joni Pitkanen is back from injury and playing really well.
- Team Canada is unveiling a green jersey for the 2010 World Junior Championships. The green jerseys are supposed to honour host Saskatchewan. Either that or a way for Hockey Canada to extort Rider Pride.
- The Olympic Torch is arriving in Canada, about to begin the longest Olympic Torch Relay in history. Did you know the Olympic Torch Relay was actually started by the Nazis?
- Looks like there will be lots of hockey played in Mexico this season.
- If the Leafs' struggles continue, will coach Ron Wilson be looking for a new job? And if so, how will that affect his relationship with Brian Burke, specifically concerning Team USA at the Olympics?
- Hopefully the Leafs don't get their first win tonight against my Canucks. By the way, why is it when Toronto comes to Vancouver, the game has to be played at 4pm local time? So that Toronto audience doesn't have to stay up late to watch the game? When the Canucks play in Toronto why don't they play the game at 10pm local time? Us west coasters would like to get home from work before our Canucks play, ya know?
October 24, 2009
Saturday Slap Shots
Time to put the puck on the 'Net: