- Brad May and Kris King invited 17 new friends to join them and "Survivor Man" Les Stroud on a rainfilled weekend in the Northern Ontario wilderness. The players survived "mosquitoes as big as seagulls" in the initiative to raise money for the local arena. The weekend was filmed and will be made into a television show at a later date.
- Russ Courtnall recently sold this amazing home on Vancouver Island for $6 million.
- Nice, but Mike Vernon's home just sold for $10.3 million, a new Calgary record.
- Don Dietrich led hundreds of Manitobans in a special kickoff for next month's 20th Annual SuperWalk for Parkinson's.
- The Washington Capitals signed Arturs Irbe as a goaltending coach.
- Kelly Hrudey MC'd a shopping mall's grand opening in Calgary.
- Mike Foligno's wife died of cancer.
- Sean Pronger has been inducted into the Northwestern Ontario Sports Hall of Fame.
- Drake Berehowsky has aspirations to one day coach in the NHL. He recently left the junior Barrie Colts to assist with the minor league Peoria Rivermen.
- Jailed NHLer Mike Danton's parole hearing has been postponed.
- Walt McKechnie recently sold his bar/restaurant, but not before naming a burger after Cody Hodgson.
- Darren Turcotte has been asked to coach the US under-17 national team.
August 21, 2009
Catching Up With The Past
Here's some recent news involving hockey players from the past:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment