- French hockey legend Philippe Bozon has been named as the new head coach of the French national junior team.
- Legendary Russian hockey club Khimik Voskresensk has gone bankrupt. Khimik was the starting grounds for the likes of Igor Larionov, Slava Kozlov, Valeri Kamensky, Alexander Ragulin, and Andrei Markov.
- Tim Panaccio remembers Fred Shero. In his day he was known as "The Fog." Now he's known as Pittsburgh GM Ray's dad.
- The legend of Rocket Richard is alive and well, thanks to a travelling exhibit. Also, meet Rocket Richard's cousin. He's a Bruins fan, though.
- Chris Nilan admitted to shoplifting. Apparently he may get more than two minutes for trying to take some swim trunks. The actual theft charges were dropped in exchange for $100 in court expenses, but the incident also turned into a brawl. Two store security guards physically attacked Nilan. Bad idea. Nilan got up, and "went into hockey mode." The two guards were left bloodied.
- Former Trail Smoke Eater Jimmy Haight has died. So has Ron Kennedy, a Canadian hockey coach in Austria.
- Frank Musil's son may be coming back to Canada to play junior hockey.
- Bob Padecky remembers Terry Harper. Harper was playing at Snoopy's Senior World Hockey Tournament. Yes, that Snoopy.
- Here's a name from the past even I forgot about. Mark Osiecki is trying out coaching, serving as an assistant with the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers women's team.
August 03, 2009
Catching Up With The Past
Good Bye Khimik Voskresensk; Chris Nilan steals some shorts; and Terry Harper plays hockey once again. Only this time it's with Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang.