- They may be locked in playoff war, but the top offensive player for the San Jose Sharks and the goaltender of the Anaheim Ducks are good friends. Joe Thornton met Jonas Hiller in Switzerland during the lockout season. Greg Beacham of the Globe and Mail explains how Hiller has Thornton to thank for his job in the NHL. Nice story here.
- Gary Mason looks at Kyle Wellwood's successful transformation into a third line, two way center. It's worked out really well, but once Ryan Kesler was moved to RW on the second line, Wellwood really was the only choice within the organization.
- Sergei Fedorov knows his career is near the end. He was one of my favorites.
- Allan Maki looks at hockey's Punjabi television broadcasts. I wonder if a TV station in India will ever pick up their feed?
- Risto Pakarinen has the world championships covered. Puckarinen, as he refers to himself, is the best in the European biz.
- Could Dave Nonis be headed to Minnesota? Brian Burke's master plan: Send Nonis there and trade all the best Wild assets to Toronto.
- Congratulations goes out to Dennis Kane. The hockey blogger is now working for the New York Times! CBC has also embraced the blogosphere.
April 18, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for that Joe. You're one of the real gentlemen of the hockey sites.
Post a Comment